Specifically, what are Nexus Categories 11, 12, 21, 31 and 32
When registering a .US domain, prospective registrants must indicate their use of the domain by selecting one of the following categories:
Nexus Category 1
A natural person
- (i) who is a United States citizen (category 11),
- (ii) a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories (category 12), or
- (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions.
Nexus Category 2
A United States entity or organization that is
(i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or organized, or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof, and unincorporated organizations based in the United States) (category 21).
Nexus Category 3
- An entity or organization (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories. If foreign entity, applicant must state country of citizenship. Check from category list, basis for compliance with Nexus requirement - regularly sells goods in the United States; regularly provides services in the United States; regularly engages in business activities, trade or other business (commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit) relations in the United States (category 31);
- Maintains an office or other property within the United States (category 32). Nexus requirements can be entered during the registration process, and altered via the Members area Web Interface.
Note: By agreeing to the policies of the registry, Registrants agree to having one of these requirements. Nothing further is required from the Reseller to prove the Registrant has a legitimate registration. For an up to date version of the official Nexus Requirements from the Neustar registry, please see the usTLD Nexus Requirements document located here: http://www.neustar.us/the-ustld-nexus-requirements/