ReecerMedia LLC, dba BossDog Hosting is referred to in this document as (“BossDog Hosting").
Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for BossDog Hosting services, including name, address, email address, telephone number, and billing information (such as a credit card number). In addition, to register a domain name, customers are asked to provide this information for the registrant, administrative contact, technical contact and billing contact of the domain name for submission to the appropriate domain registry or registration database. Customers may also be asked to complete an online form that collects information about demographics, product usage and preferences, along with other information that will help us improve our products and services. BossDog Hosting also makes use of technologies like cookies in order to keep track of visitors and registered customers and to relate one computer transaction to a later one. You may set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or change the settings on your web browser to clear or disable cookies. If you decide to disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of BossDog Hosting’ website. Please be aware that if you visit third party websites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable, you may be required to accept cookies. Cookies do not enable third parties to access any of your personally identifiable information. However, advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies. BossDog Hosting does not control use of these cookies and is not responsible for information collected through them. By becoming a customer, you expressly consent to the collection of the aforementioned information.
USE OF INFORMATION
BossDog Hosting does NOT trade, rent or sell your personal information or data to any other organization or third party, except as provided specifically in this Policy.
BossDog Hosting has structured its websites so that individuals may visit us on the Web without revealing personally identifiable information. BossDog Hosting uses information it collects to provide and collect payment for its web hosting solutions and other services. Passively collected information, such as information collected from or about your device including through the placement or reading of cookies or other tracking technologies is used to provide a customized experience as you use BossDog Hosting’ services.
A) Customer Contact and Account Information
The information collected from customers is used to manage each customer’s account (e.g., billing and account management) and to promote other products or services that BossDog Hosting believe may be of interest to its customers. BossDog Hosting may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from information that customers provide during registration. BossDog Hosting may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to promote advertisements that appear on BossDog Hosting’ website and in connection with its services. All such aggregated and non-identifying information that BossDog Hosting collects, as well as any analysis of such information that BossDog Hosting produces, is proprietary information of BossDog Hosting.
B) Analytics and Statistics
BossDog Hosting uses information gathered from its website analytics (e.g., user IP addresses) to help diagnose problems with BossDog Hosting’ servers, and to administer and optimize BossDog Hosting’ website. BossDog Hosting also collects broad demographic information from this data to help improve its website and services. Any statistics gathered by BossDog Hosting are proprietary property of BossDog Hosting.
C) Support and Email Inquiries
When customers send email inquiries and/or support requests to BossDog Hosting, the return email address (and other personal information provided in the inquiry/request) is used to answer the email inquiry/request received.
D) Customer Surveys
BossDog Hosting may use the contact information provided in customer surveys to follow up on survey answers. BossDog Hosting may also contact you to highlight the changes BossDog Hosting makes in response to your feedback.
With the exception of trusted business partners who work with or on behalf of BossDog Hosting, and are subject to specific confidentiality agreements, BossDog Hosting will not provide or sell to any third party your personal information and will keep all customer information confidential, subject to the following:
- BossDog Hosting does not share personally identifiable information about individual users with advertisers. BossDog Hosting may display online advertisements and share aggregated and non-identifying information about customers collected through the registration process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. This aggregated and non-identifying information may be used to deliver tailored advertisements.
- BossDog Hosting may share aggregated, non-personally identifying information obtained from customer surveys with third parties.
- BossDog Hosting may access, preserve and share customer information with companies, organizations, governmental entities, or individuals outside of BossDog Hosting if we believe, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that the law requires us to do so. This may include, but is not limited to, responding to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes. BossDog Hosting may access, preserve, and share customer information as necessary to: establish or exercise BossDog Hosting’ legal rights or defend against any claim including threatened claims; investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or other illegal activities; prevent death or serious physical harm to any person; or investigate violations of BossDog Hosting’s Terms of Service.
- In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) or certain registries, domain name registration information has to be made available and accessible to the public through a “WHOIS” search. The WHOIS is a publicly accessible database that lists the domain name registration information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name’s creation and expiration date. BossDog Hosting may deposit your domain registration information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements. At times, customers may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available databases by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or SPAM do not come from BossDog Hosting and BossDog Hosting does not control the use of WHOIS information by third parties.
BossDog Hosting uses multiple security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Your data is protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, the industry standard. This encrypts order data and is designed to aid in ensuring the accuracy and security of that customer information. In the unlikely event of a data breach, BossDog Hosting will notify the appropriate regulatory and/or legal authorities, as well as affected customers/individuals, within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Public Forums
Be advised that any information you may disclose or post in forums or other public areas of BossDog Hosting’s website or the Internet, becomes public information. You should always exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. To request removal of your personal information from BossDog Hosting community forums or testimonials, contact BossDog Hosting at email@example.com. In some cases, BossDog Hosting may be unable to remove your personal information, in which case BossDog Hosting will let you know why it is unable to do so.
When you become a customer of BossDog Hosting, you are automatically subscribed to receive transactional notices and updates about your account, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered through BossDog Hosting and/or in conjunction with BossDog Hosting’ partners. To unsubscribe from BossDog Hosting’s newsletters and promotional mailings, customers may update their preferences on the Account Manager. Customers may also unsubscribe through the links provided in promotional email messages sent by BossDog Hosting or on BossDog Hosting’s behalf.
- Accessing & Modifying Your Information
BossDog Hosting allows customers to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in BossDog Hosting’ custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. BossDog Hosting also allows individuals and customers to delete their personal information which is in BossDog Hosting’ custody and control, by requesting erasure of the same. Customers and individuals may request access, updating/corrections of innacuracies, and erasure of personal information BossDog Hosting has in its custody or control by accessing the Account Manager or by contacting support via email, phone, or online chat. BossDog Hosting may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access or erasure of individual/customer records.
To ensure customers receive the information they need to manage their account and protect their privacy, BossDog Hosting asks that customers keep their contact and billing information up to date. Customers can update all account-related information directly through the Account Manager. Alternatively, customers can contact BossDog Support for further assistance.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
BossDog Hosting does not sell products or services for purchase by children. Customers must be at least 18 years of age. Any individual under the age of 18 ("Minor") must have a parent or guardian accept the Terms of Service in order for the Minor to become a Customer. If you are under 18, we strongly encourage you to use our website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
CHANGES TO POLICY
BossDog Hosting reserves the right to revise, amend, or change this Policy at any time and in any manner by posting such changes on our site. We encourage you to periodically check our site for changes to this Policy since your continued use of the site following any changes to this Policy will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such change. The operative and effective version of this Policy will be the latest version available on the site.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.